American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, November 7, 2008

~ Melegris Gallopavo ~

****************************************
***************************************
It's only fitting that I should see my first Wild Turkey only 3 weeks from Thanksgiving. There were three of them, walking across a field about two miles outside the park. I'm adding her to my Life List. I actually did see one about a year ago but she ran across the road so fast that I didn't realize what happened until she disappeared into the woods. These three were just meandering along without a care in the world, unsuspectful of the hunter we came across a few miles back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We didn't see any of these when we were at Tanner. But we did see some at the North Rim early in the spring.