American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nothing new around here....

There is just not much to do during the day when Sam is at work. He's working now Sunday through Thursday, 7 am to 3:30 pm.

My usual day, Monday - Thursday, consists of the following: sleep until about 8 am; get a cup of coffee and return to bed (with coffee) to watch The Waltons on Hallmark channel; get up at 9 and open shades to let the sun warm up the camper (it's usually 40's or low 50's in the morning); Watch Rachael Ray at 9 on ABC while having breakfast (usually Honey Nut Cheerios and Skim milk); 10 am on Tuesday is Ladies Coffee in the Rec Hall for about an hour +; other days I just go online and check email and read blogs; watch cooking shows on Food Network beginning about 11 am; lunch at 12 noon. By afternoon it's much warmer so if the WIND isn't blowing, I'll go outside and sit in the sun and read. I might walk a little or ride my bike a little. Once a month there is Ladies Day Out. Last Friday we had lunch at the Rec Hall. Three or four ladies brought crock pots of soup and everyone else brought salads or desserts. It was fun. Here's some pics of the food:

One or two days a week Sam will drop off the truck (when they go out in the morning in the Work Truck) and I'll go to Wal Mart. There is a couple near us, Betty and Bill, in a motor home with no other car so Betty will go with me to get her shopping done. We go to lunch somewhere in Del Rio and goof around for several hours.

I'll be glad when they open the pool - sometime in March. It's supposed to be in the 80's during the day and only 50's for lows beginning Tuesday so that will be better. More people will be out walking and riding around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think having a soup potluck is a great idea. My sister in law has a few friends that do this around the Christmas holidays.

I also like how your day unfolds and I didn't know the Waltons was on the Hallmark channel in the mornings. I used to love that show. Rachel's show is on at 2:00 in the Chicago area.

Unknown said...

What a bum you are! hahaha, just kidding. Sometimes it takes willpower to do nothing for so long. I know it is boring for you, but he has a really good job. I can't wait to get back to mine, at the end of April.