American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, August 7, 2010

View from my dining room window.....

Panoramic picture of view from the "dinning room" window.

Our site is on the end of a row looking across at the by-the-night area. Most of these guys are traveling and arrive in the afternoon, set up, walk the dogs, go eat somewhere, then leave the next morning. A few will stay a couple of nights. Some have children, mostly grand kids from the looks of them, and they might stay 2 or 3 days to enjoy the pool and go to Ruby Falls.



Occasionally there will be a club meeting. This weekend was a group from "Good Sam" camping club. They meet and eat potluck dinners in the conference room.

Got a new book from Amazon this week. _Best Backroads of Florida_, The Heartland Volume 1, by Douglas Waitley. It's copyright year 2000 but has good interesting history. Hopefully most of the roads will still be passable when we visit this fall/winter.

4 comments:

Along the Way with JnK said...

Wonder if we can get traveling books for our Reader, will have to check into that since we love it and wonder how we ever lived without it.

Susan and Sam said...

I'm sure you can. I'm planning to get DH a Kindle for Christmas! He reads constantly and there is no where to keep all the books.

Happytrails said...

I left you a comment on the post where you asked about the wall boarder picks. I haven't seen it posted on your blog yet so I am not sure you got it. I'm sorry if it didn't get through. Didn't want you to think I didn't write to you.

I like your view out your window. Looks like a nice campground. :-)

Let us know how the book reads!!

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

DearMissMermaidDotCom said...

I love your blog. Keep up the good work. I'm a southerner too. :) I'm wondering where to wander next in my modest motorhome. It's my only home! I blog about it and other misadventures. Keep blogging, don't ever stop.