American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I am back in Chickamauga with Sam, at the camper, after spending several weeks with my Mother and then a week with my friend, Judy.

Sad news.....my friend Judy passed away last Friday, after being diagnosed with a fast spreading cancer in November.  She had surgery on February 1st, but seemed to go downhill quickly afterwards.  I went with her to a doctor visit on Friday 5/19, she had to go the hospital (by ambulance) on Monday 5/21, then passed away on Friday 5/26.  It was all very quick.  

We had been friends for 41 years, since summer of 1971.  Sam and I were at an RV park near her house earlier this year, in January and February, to be with her and help her out around her house.  I'm glad we were able to do that and spend that time with her.


No comments: