American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

~ Genealogy ~

I began working in genealogy after a visit with our cousin Marilyn in Florida. It quickly becomes addictive. I've been know to stay up til the wee hours, working on a lead. Now I've spent the past two days adding relatives to my Family Tree Maker software, a lot of which were given to me first hand by my Mother. She has a lot of written information which was passed along from my Father's aunt. My parents also collected a lot of information on their own by visiting cemeteries all around their home towns in Georgia. Now I have found out that my younger brother may have some additional information. He's emailing me some stuff tomorrow.

The Internet is only helpful up to a point then they want $$.

My great-aunt, Daisy Bell Shaw, buried in Old Taylorsville Baptist Church cemetery.

No comments: