American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, September 7, 2008

~ Hot 'Lanta ~

Here's a view of what we see when we are in Atlanta and traveling between my son's house in Flowery Branch and my daughter's house in Winston. 1 1/2 hours on I-20, I-75-85, I-85 and I-985. We always stay overnight or more. Not a fun trip to make twice in one day! The pictures were taken Friday in 5 o'clock traffic just as we were coming up on the city proper. Once we get past this point, the building are too close to get pictures.
7 Lanes and growing!
It doesn't seem to matter what time of day we make the trip, it is always 1 hour on the Interstates and 15 minutes at each end getting to their houses. There is always traffic somewhere but usually it is moving along at a nice pace. Outside of town, the speed limit is 65 or 70 (On I-985) and usually no backups to slow it down.

Nice view of sky line.

Varsity still standing since 1928!!

Click on any image to inlarge

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, what nightmares, I mean memories! We have a daughter who lives in Villa Rica, my mother in Douglasville, and hubby's parents in Cleveland. We know the trip you are talking about. While it would be nice to see everyone, I HATE that trip. The only good thing about it is the HOV lanes in I-75/85.

I used to work at Bellsouth Center at 675 West Peachtree, we could walk to the Varsity for lunch. Getting back up the hill after eating an order of onion rings usually worked off the calories!