American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Louis Grizzard, a great American
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's choice ~ not chance ~ that determines your destiny.
Jean Nidetch

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, January 7, 2010


Thurs., Jan. 7th

Stayed under the electric blanket til almost 9:00 this morning. Cloudy and overcast again. Cereal for breakfast. I had a list of to-do’s: file coupons, look for recipes, make chicken salad, clean out cabinets and magazines.

I made the chicken salad, cleaned out the cabinets, threw out some magazines, and watched All My Children. I can’t believe Ryan is gonna be with Erica. She must be 30 years older than him………..gross!

The snow started about 2:00 and ended about 3:00. It was pretty while it lasted. Then…it started sometime after dark and came down for about an hour. Everything is totally covered. Probably just ½ inch. We’ll check it out for sure in the morning. The grandkids will love playing in it. Buddy’s never seen snow….he probably won’t even go out in the morning.

I was pretty lazy so we had chicken salad for dinner. I’ll cook tomorrow.

Sam didn’t feel too good (allergies?) so he went to bed early. I’m watching Alabama beat Texas. Too bad Texas’ star quarterback got injured early on. It would have been a better/fairer game for the National Championship if he were playing. I only want Alabama to win ‘cause they represent the SEC. And I do love the state of Alabama. It’s a beautiful place with mountains and lakes in the north and gulf beaches and Mobile in the south.

There were 2 campers tonight, both from New York.

No comments: